Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Living in the City

Moving into the center of a large City after spending over 28 years living in the quiet and solitude of the Upper Satsop Valley has its distinct advantages, among which readily come to mind are no need to incur the expense or hassle of a car, supplies and services are available nearby, and the availability of high speed internet service. There are, of course, also disadvantages, such as the dachshund two doors down which began barking a duet with some distant dog last night just as I dozed off and continued for such a duration that I began contemplating a means of introducing the dog to a poison infused meatball (sorry Dan, for having such thoughts). Fortunately, the not so polite entreaties to the dog’s owner hollered by a couple of neighbors caused the owner to end the barking and eliminated the prospect of me committing a misdemeanor my first week here.

In terms of supplies and services nearby I have thus far found, within 6 blocks of my apartment, a laundry, grocery store, a number of good restaurants, a computer store, a lamp store at which I am hoping I can find replacement parts for the lamp I knocked off the night stand, and quite a number of dentist and doctor offices. I have yet to find a bicycle shop, which the bottoms of my feet and shins continue to encourage me to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had better be sorry amigo. Big was thinking about moving to Mexico but is having second thoughts.
I saw Tiger today and he asked about you I briefed him about your whereabouts etc. Will send him a link to your blog.
In the meantime, mi amigo, enjoy yourself and keep us informed. How far is it to the beach?