Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday Garden Report


In the foreground is the lettuce bed from which I've so far taken five cuttings. Just inside the bottom right of the fenced area you can see the little plants of the second crop of lettuce. To the left in the fenced area you can see coffee grounds lining two rows of onions. Just out of the picture to the left are about forty garlic plants.

Toward the upper left of the fenced area, around the log, you can see tomato plants at each of which I have driven a stake to which I will tie the tomatoes when necessary. There are nine Roma type plants. I have also planted a larger variety in the upper right of the fenced area but because of their small size are not visible in the picture. The habanero plants are next to the second lettuce crop but they have not grown much so are not visible in the picture.

The round bed toward the top of the picture is one bed of watermelons which are now blossoming.

Just behind the watermelons is another bed I've constructed, and fenced, in which I've planted carrots and cucumbers which have emerged and more garlic and habaneros which have not.

No comments: