Friday, November 18, 2005

I Love Mexico

I Love Mexico

You know how at the grocery store there are people standing in the various aisles offering free samples of products? Well it’s the same here.

Today I went to Tiendas Chedraui to get another bag of lamb manure fertilizer for the garden and was approached by a woman asking if I would like a sample of Swedish Vodka in Pineapple juice. Of course, being the polite type, I felt obligated.

Considering the fact that I already had bottles of Mexican Cabernet Sauvignon and tequila in my cart I promised the young woman that on my next trip to the store I would be sure to pick up a bottle of the vodka, which sells for $112. pesos, about $10.70 U. S., for 750 milliliters, just shy of a U. S. fifth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amigo
You are such a good shopper!

You Know Me said...

I'm trying to be sure I comsume all of the essential food groups each day, including Mexican cigarettes and tequila.