Monday, November 06, 2006

I Wish I Lived In Texas, Temporarily Anyway

Until a couple of days ago I have never had the slightest thought that I would like to live in Texas. After listening to and interview with Kinky Friedman, though, I wish I lived in Texas so I could vote for him.

Friedman was on the Dave Letterman show the other evening. He indicated that the word politician derives from poly, meaning more than one, and tic, a blood sucking parasite. He also indicated that if elected he will work to decriminalize the use of marijuana so that non-violent offenders could be released from prison to make room for politicians and pedophiles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen

Anonymous said...

You, myself and my wife as well. He has a few points I don't agree with, but considering the remaining politicians and his views, I'll take ole Kinky any day!

You Know Me said...

Kinky for president in '08. "Why the hell not."