Friday, October 06, 2006

Xalapa Churches


Here are a few churches I've run across here that I think are pretty neat.

Mexico is considered a Catholic nation but there are churches here of all stripes.

The church at left is the Light of the World church, which I think as a name is a bit presumpuous.











The church at right is actually in Xico.

















This church is actually very near to where I live but to get a good shot I had to walk about 2 miles and use a telephoto to get most of it in a photo.














Here's another one not far from the dog pound.












This is the church of an obscure sect believing in the cosmic power of pyramids and where pyramid head gear is worn during services.

Actually, as I'm sure you realize, I have no idea of what denomination the church is.

No comments: