Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Summer Stock

Summer Stock, last night’s Cine Club de la UV offering in its musical comedy series, was actually quite enjoyable. Judy Garland could really belt out a tune, and could match Gene Kelly tap for tap. Phil Sivers (whom to me will always be Sgt. Bilko) was cast to type.

The show actually had a plot, and, of course, the obligatory romance, in this case between Garland and Kelly. There was also a great solo tap dance routine by Kelly during which he shuffle danced upon and repeatedly tore in half with his feet a full sheet of newspaper laying on the stage.

Tomorrow night it’s An American in Paris.

2 comments:

Marie McC said...

Amazon and deepdiscountdvd.com both ship internationally, if you want to increase your DVD supply. I order 99.99% of all DVDs from Deep Discount because they have better prices and a better selection.

I really missed movies when I was in Togo.

You Know Me said...

So what are you really saying? That sitting through movies such as Summer Stock, Ziegfeld Follies, and etc. are a sign of my desperation?

I'm just kidding, of course.