Monday, August 28, 2006

This is the cathedral across the street from the Veracruz state government building and adjacent to the main city park. The photo at the right shows the portion of the building to the right of that shown at left.















There are a great many magnificent colonial building here, and they appear to be well maintained. I have run cross, in my limited wanderings, four other cathedrals that rival the one shown above in their grandeur.

This building is a school for senoritas. I think it may be a part of the University of Veracruz since it is located across the street from a U of V building.

I've also run across quite a few colleges and universities, and my wanderings haven't yet taken me out of the Centro aarea.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are these buildings in the city of VeraCruz or in Xalapa?
Billie

You Know Me said...

Hey Billie,

They're in Xalapa and they're ust a few of the amazing buildings here.

Anonymous said...

I spent about 24 hours in Xalapa and I'd love to drive back that way. We were on our way to Cuitzitlan. I photographed in a beautiful church in Xalapa.
Billie