Thursday, September 29, 2005

No Longer "soon to be"

Ok. I’ve packed my life into two suitcases, a day pack, and a laptop case. Aside from a 5’ x 10’ storage locker, that is. And, after giving my desktop PC to a computerless Elma family, my computer system has been reduced to a 3 pound Sony laptop with a 10” screen and all of the latest wireless technology.


Tomorrow I will pack my life into my car and my neighbor, and best friend of 28 years, will drive me to the Portland airport for my post midnight flight to Merida, where I will arrive later that day, check into my apartment, and embark on my Yucatan adventure.

I have removed “soon to be” from the blog title, as tomorrow I will embark upon my expatriation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The laughs we had at the airport reminded me of our many adventures together.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chris. The Sony laptop is a pain to lug around though, but nice for around the house. Where are you going to access WiFi nodes? Luxury hotels have them, I guess (I envision you sitting in the parking lot). Starbucks too. Or maybe the Internet cafes--If not there's a business opportunity.

Duncan